Floristry Training Course
COULD I BE A FLORIST?
All courses are one to one tuition, second person discount of £50
A Two or Three day intensive course.
This course is for all those of you who dream of one day owning a flower shop or starting an online flower business. We wouldn’t pretend for one moment that you could possibly learn it all in two or three days, but after this course you will certainly know if floristry is for you. We will discuss all aspects of being a florist including the really early mornings, the late nights, the freezing buckets etc – but also the sheer pleasure when you see a brides face light up as she sees her wonderful flowers!
Arrangement ideas below;
- Large traditional pedestal arrangement as used for weddings churches marquees and other important functions, in fact anywhere where something impressive is required.
- Sampler posy pads experimenting with various edgings including evergreens, ribbons, herbs, skeleton leaves, jewels, pins etc.
- Complete a posy pad to your own design.
- Low rectangular sheaf arrangement suitable for funeral work or use in domestic situations e.g. sideboards windowsills etc
- Simple practice wiring and taping of various foliages and flowers.
- Construct buttonholes and corsages to your own design.
- Wreaths – suitable for door, funeral, table, storm lantern etc – you decide on the style but all alternatives will be discussed and practiced.
- Pew end /chair back designs from simple to complex , inexpensive to opulent
- Posy Bouquet.
- Construct “things” (bracelets cuffs tiaras etc) from bullion wire, aluminium wire, beads & pearls.
Somewhere in the middle of that lot we stop for a quick lunch. Tea and coffee on the go all day. Full range of handouts are given.
Details supplied of all my favourite wholesalers included flowers and sundries and help given to establish trade accounts.
The two day course including all materials, containers, flowers and sundries etc is £385.00.
The Three day course is £495.00 and can, if you wish, comprise two days fresh flowers and one day silk. Choose from any consecutive dates on my calendar.
Everything you make is yours to take home at the end of the course.
Refreshments are served throughout the day. All you need to bring is a notebook and camera.
A £100 booking fee will reserve a date and the final balance will be due 10 days before the course date. Payment can either be by Paypal to my email address or by bank transfer.
Gift Vouchers are also available.